Obesity is on the rise across the globe, with the key facts published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in February 2018 clearly indicating that obesity has developed into a worldwide epidemic that needs to be addressed.
Here are some of these key facts:
- Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled between 1975 and 2016.
- In 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 650 million were obese.
- 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.
- 41 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2016.
- Over 340 million children and adolescents aged 5-19 were overweight or obese in 2016.
Going through all these facts, it is evident that being obese or overweight has become a norm rather than a rarity, with most people including children carrying around flabs of fat while they move around.
As is common knowledge, the main reason behind this highly upsetting situation is the massive rise in the consumption of highly processed junk foods across the globe.
Not only are these foods full of sugar and unhealthy fats, they also contain a whole lot of harmful artificial ingredients that can cause a variety of major as well as minor diseases.
The increasing risk of this life-threatening diseases along with the unfavorable physical appearance that comes with being overweight/obese has led to a large number of people opting for weight loss pills and fad diets that promise weight loss without making any significant changes in your daily life only to find out that they are of no use.
So the best thing to do is to follow a healthy nutritious diet full of real foods and back that up with weight-loss inducing foods & beverages that have been made up of natural foods.
Fat Burning Coffee
One such weight-loss promoting beverage that you should include in your daily diet is the fat burning coffee described below.
As the name suggests, the chief ingredient in this fat burning coffee is coffee, which is one of the few substances known to boost metabolism and aid in mobilizing fats from the fat tissues.
Plain black coffee or the health-giving espresso shots are extremely low in calories and are also known to assist in weight loss as a result of their caffeine content.
Along with coffee, the other ingredients that play a part in the weight-loss causing effects of this beverage are coconut oil and cinnamon, with raw honey playing a part in improving cholesterol levels.
As you can see, all the ingredients are real foods and except for honey have been shown to help with weight-loss in different ways.
For instance, coconut oil is known to reduce appetite and is a rich source of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are fatty acids that boost metabolism.
Coconut oil is regarded as one of the most weight loss friendly fat and it is no wonder considering that a number of studies have shown it to help in fat loss, particularly the dangerous fat in the abdominal cavity.
Cinnamon has been shown to have a regulating effect on blood sugar levels, thus aiding in weight loss.
Raw honey, even though not directly helping in weight loss has been backed by several studies to have a positive effect on cholesterol levels by reducing total and LDL (bad) cholesterol and significantly raising HDL (good) cholesterol.
Also, when combined together these ingredients form a delectable coffee drink that is simply hard to resist!
So let’s not waste any more time and delve straight into the recipe for fat burning coffee.
Ingredients (preferably organic)
- Coffee of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- Brew coffee and fill 3/4th of a coffee cup with it
- Add the coconut oil, raw honey and cinnamon powder to it
- Mix with a hand blender or a frother until all the ingredients are completely blended
- Sit back and enjoy the delicious cup of coffee
- Consume this coffee beverage first thing in the morning for best possible results
- Considering the high-calorie content of this coffee drink, it is recommended to not consume any other foods & beverages along with it and to also wait for a decent amount of time (around 3-4 hrs or until you feel hungry) after consumption before eating anything else
- You can increase the amount of coconut oil in the drink as you get used to it, as it will help in maximizing the weight-loss potential of the drink
- You can vary the amount of honey to adjust the sweetness of the drink according to your liking
Being overweight and obese is an open invitation to a number of life-threatening conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, some types of cancers, heart disease and stroke, and many more.
So it is critical that you implement positive changes in your lifestyle that are geared towards causing weight loss.
Some of these lifestyle changes include reducing the stress in your life, getting 7-8 hours of sleep daily and indulging in regular exercise.
But certainly the most important one is opting for a healthy nutritious diet that is full of whole grains, vegetables, fruits, foods abundant in protein like meats, fish, eggs, legumes, nuts and seeds along with beverages linked with weight loss like green tea, black tea, ginger tea and the above-mentioned fat burning coffee.
These healthy foods and beverages, when consumed in moderate proportions will not only lead to you experiencing weight loss but will also afford your body with the essential nutrients required for its optimal functioning.
To put it in a nutshell, you will feel the best you have ever felt while you drop the pounds!