Eye-related problems are probably one of the most common health problems nowadays. They will surely happen if you have to deal with long working hours in front of laptops or LCD screens. Among these health related problems, strained eyes are more likely to happen among people of all ages.
Fortunately, it is not entirely harmful to your health and still can be fixed with simple and inexpensive home remedies without seeing doctors or Medical Experts. Before applying any special treatment or taking any medicine, you should give these following home remedies a try.
- Cold water
Cold water is best known for relieving pain or swelling areas. Along with that, it can also alleviate the swelling as well as relax strained eyes. Once it is applied to affected areas, it can awake the cells together with stimulate blood circulation. This, in fact is among top home remedies that give instant relief.
Cold water can also cure Sleep Apnea
- Have a clean towel dipped in cold water.
- Remove excess water and place over your eyes for a while.
- Repeat the action few times a day or whenever you find your eyes strained.
- Warm Compress
Just like the cold compress, the extreme feeling has beneficial advantage to the swelling and strained areas. This method is especially beneficial when it comes to cold weather with perfectly comfortable feeling. This method is also a good treatment for pink eye as well.
Warm compress can also cure Eye Infection in Children
- Have a soft and clean towel dipped in warm water for a while.
- Get rid of excess water then slowly place on closed eyes.
- Wait for a while, approximately one minute.
- Repeat the action several times a day.
- Tea Bag
Tea bag is among top home remedies for almost eye – related problems, especially chamomile tea bags. Tea bags are loaded with high concentration of anti-inflammatory and anti – oxidant properties which can effectively alleviate the pain and calm any swelling areas. Besides, it is a powerful soothing and relaxing agent you can apply on your eyes.
- Have few tea bags dipped into boiling water.
- Remove excess water and leave it to cool down.
- Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place on closed eyes and repeat the action several times a day.
- Black Tea
Another alternative for strain eyes you should go for incase there’s no chamomile tea bag is black tea. The tea has high concentration of natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which are effectively calm strained eyes. Besides, black tea is also good for your skin or getting rid of acne.
You are suggested to rinse eyes with black tea every day or few times a day.
- Rose Water
This wonderful water is rich in astringent properties, which is beneficial for blemishes and acne problems. The soothing and comforting scent also relax stress as well as relieve strained eyes.
- Have your strained eyes wash with cold water.
- Have a cotton ball dipped into rose water and apply on each eye for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat several times a day or whenever you find your eyes are irritated.
This water based-fruit is excellent in relieving swelling pain as well as relax muscles. Therefore, it would make brilliant natural home remedies for strained eyes or other related problems such as puffiness or dark circles.
How to use:
- Cut one fresh cucumber into slices.
- Have them placed on each closed eye and wait for a while.
- Wait for 10 minutes then wash off with water.
- Sun Glasses
People usually underestimate the benefit of wearing sun glasses, however, it works great in preventing many eye – related problems. Together with avoid ultra rays, wearing sun glasses can also help maintain strong eyes in longer time.