All You Need to Know About Pasta
Pasta is an integral part of Italian cuisine and one of the most popular dishes originating from Italy. Nowadays, pasta is consumed by people around the world and it can be found in a range of delectable varieties, shapes, hues, and flavors. Pasta is available in over six hundred shapes and is sold under 1300 unique names around the globe. Apart from that, there are also a plethora of recipes readily available for anyone willing to experiment with their favorite spaghetti or macaroni dish.
Pasta can be sorted into categories based on a multiplicity of factors – from their country of origin to the grains used in the manufacturing process. Apart from being tasty, pasta is a dish known for being nutritious and healthy. It is a part of the staple diet for many people around the globe. Americans were first introduced to pasta by Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the US. While in Naples in 1789, he became enamored of a dish made of macaroni and soon imported it into the US.
An Overview of Moringa
Commonly known as the miracle tree, moringa oleifera is a native plant of the Indian subcontinent, found in the foothills of the Himalayas as well as in some other parts of South Asia and Africa. Every part of the moringa tree is known to have high nutritive value. Moringa leaves contain a wide variety of nutrients and antioxidants that help combat malnutrition in children as well as adults. You can buy moringa online from a reputed supplier to fulfill your nutritive requirements without resorting to any artificial health supplements. Moringa Oleifera provides a number of health benefits, including:
- Detoxification of the body,
- Management of blood sugar levels,
- Increased milk production in lactating mothers,
- Higher energy levels,
- Healthier skin and hair,
- Faster weight loss,
- Improved digestion.
Due to these factors, over the past few years, moringa has been hailed as a superfood by many health and fitness enthusiasts around the world. Even if you live in a country where the tree is not locally cultivated, you can buy moringa online in its powder form. Moringa powder is both nutritious and easily modifiable, as it blends perfectly with a variety of dishes including smoothies, salads, and pasta.
Some of the most popular pasta recipes that include moringa as a key ingredient have been listed below for your convenience.
- Spaghetti with Roasted Tomatoes and Moringa
- One pound Spaghetti pasta,
- Thirty Sun Gold tomatoes halved
- Olive oil,
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste,
- Two tablespoons of Moringa Oleifera Ultra Fine Powder,
- One garlic clove, grated,
- Parmesan cheese,
- Sprinkle the halved tomatoes with pepper, salt, and olive oil.
- Roast the tomatoes at 250 degrees in the oven for a couple of hours.
- Alongside, also roast a few cloves of garlic,
- In a pan, boil some water and cook the pasta.
- When straining the spaghetti, save half a cup of the cooking water and keep it aside.
- Mix the roasted tomatoes with the spaghetti in the cooking pot and
- Add the Moringa Oleifera Ultra Fine Powder
- Add the leftover pasta water and bring the mixture to boil. Once the pasta is cooked, drizzle some olive oil and serve with a dressing of Parmesan cheese.
Photo and Recipe courtesy: Gardenista
2. Moringa & Basil Pesto Pasta
- Spaghetti Pasta, 500 gms
- Half cup fresh of basil leaves,
- Two tablespoons of Moringa Oleifera Ultra Fine Powder. You can buy moringa online.,
- A handful of fresh parsley,
- Half a cup of toasted pine nuts
- Zest of one lemon,
- One clove of garlic, peeled,
- Half cup grated Parmesan cheese,
- Black pepper and salt to taste,
- One-third cup of olive oil.
- Except for the Spaghetti and olive oil, mix all the ingredients in a food processor, until it becomes a smooth paste. Keep sprinkling some olive oil as the ingredients are being blended.
- Add salt and black pepper in the mixture and refrigerate it overnight in an air-tight container.
- Boil the spaghetti till its al dente. Roast vegetable of your choice to go with the pasta.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and allow it to thaw at room temperature.
- Mix it with the boiled pasta, roasted veggies, and the pesto sauce together and serve with a dressing of grated Parmesan cheese.
Photo and Recipe courtesy: My Delicious Blog
These are some healthy and nutritious pasta recipes that you can try at home in order to prepare a delicious and salubrious meal for your family. You can buy moringa online to prepare the moringa pasta. Whatever you do, just make sure that all your ingredients are purchased from a reputable and trusted supplier.